The right strategy will drive the digital marketing required for success
On our Website and Strategy pages, we’ve talked about the importance of taking a strategic approach when developing, launching and monitoring your site. Advertising your site on the Internet is only a part of Digital Marketing and your overall marketing strategy. But it’s still a very important one. It’s what most people think of when they hear the term Digital Marketing.
Marketing covers broader areas such as:
- Market Research
- Competitor Analysis
- Identifying your target market
- Press Releases
- Order fulfilment
We talk about these when we discuss your internet strategy as they help define and drive it. Our services span these areas of Digital Marketing:
- Facebook Messenger Advertising
- Facebook Messenger Chatbots
- Social media advertising – Facebook and Instagram
- Google advertising
- Email marketing via newsletters and campaigns
- Monitoring Google Analytics to measure the success of any campaign
The most important things to remember about creating an online promotion are:
- Define your target audience correctly. Location, interests and demographics (gender and age) are super important
- Your ad must be interesting enough to entice someone to click on it or else it’s a wasted impression
- Ensure you have the right monitoring and analytics in place before you start. You can’t improve what you can’t measure
- Think it through. More than likely a campaign is going to be comprised of a number of ads, engaging customers in different ways
- Don’t just try anything!
- The old adage of measure twice, cut once resonates loudly
Let’s define some commonly used terms:
Impression: Every time your ad gets displayed on a web page, or on a mobile device, it counts as one impression.
Click Through Rate (CTR): How many times people have clicked on the ad as a percentage of how many times your ad has been shown (#impressions). e.g. 5 clicks in 100 impressions gives a CTR of 5%. Anything over 2% can be considered above average, but this is really generalising.
Chatbots are winning the race with click through rates over email marketing
The average CTR for targeted email marketing campaigns is about 2-5%. There are reports of CTR’s for Chatbots being well above 50% and even 80%. No doubt this is still due to a novelty factor. We believe it will drop, but still be much higher than email as it’s an easy opt-in and opt-out process. Subscribers to a chatbot are likely to be highly attentive and will generally click through or unsubscribe. Customers will opt-in because they are interested. If the chatbot is written cleverly, it will keep people engaged and they’ll stay subscribed.
It’s exciting to see the impact of clever Digital Marketing
Our niche is helping businesses develop a winning strategy and use the right mix of technologies to execute the right digital marketing for their business. This might be creating ad campaigns for Google, Facebook and Instagram and ensuring they are tracked correctly in Google Analytics.
We love seeing new business generated from websites and chatbots we develop and from driving traffic to these from online advertising.
If you’d like to explore how any of this can benefit your business, please get in touch.
Are you a Digital Marketer?
If you are a digital marketer and would like to explore synergies with us, please give us a call. We’re always open to new ideas and how to collaborate and team up with great people to enhance digital marketing offerings for our clients.